The basic requirements for joining Writing Lab as a Mentee are as follows:
- Having an ongoing project or obtained results related to the educational innovation.
- Strong communication skills and a high degree of commitment to the publication process and scheduled sessions with the Mentor.
- Strong organizational skills and ethics in research and publication.
- Expanding a network of national and international collaborators.
- Evaluating existing status of the work as well as upgrading and adapting to new trends for continuous insurance of efficiency in interaction with the Mentee.
- Supporting the Mentee in the process of academic production.
- Working with different stakeholders and building confidence in the Mentee.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree.
- Substantial academic publication record (having SNI status is highly desirable)
- High level of English and/or Spanish proficiency
- Acceptable level of academic writing skills
Attributes of a successful Mentor is someone who:
- Enjoys and excels at providing high quality support to the Mentee.
- Exhibits strong organizational and event management skills.
- Is resourceful, approachable, and respectful.